Bootle, Cheltenham and London
£53,543 - £61,921 (Plus a recruitment allowance of £8,500 per year)
09 Jul 2021
The Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) is responsible for providing efficient and effective regulation of the nuclear industry. The post sits within the Corporate Security Team and is accountable to the CISO / Hd Corporate Security for all aspects of ONR operational cyber security.
The post holder will play an important part in managing and delivering the operational cyber security capabilities for ONR.
- Be the primary point of contact on cyber Security issues with key stakeholders, including external parties, and actively develop strong working relationships in relation to Cyber Security.
- Lead on the day to day cyber security operations for ONR to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and accountability of ONRs digital information and systems.
- Ownership of cyber security incidents and problems and proactively resolve, ensuring that solutions continue to meet security and business requirements.
- Leading, building and developing a small internal cyber team supported by ONR IT colleagues and our external managed security service providers.
- Proactively seek areas of improvement within cyber security and continually drive improvement
- Work collaboratively across all corporate security domains, IT and wider ONR.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting to the CISO on all cyber security matters including threats, vulnerabilities, risks and cyber security incidents.
- Lead on the day to day management and direction of ONRs managed security service providers.
- Ensure, undertake and support appropriate cyber security assurance activities are undertaken in line with HMG and ONR policy.
Download full job description