Bootle, Cheltenham or London
£53,543 - £61,921 (plus a London Weighting allowance of £4,052 if applicable)
01 Nov 2021
This is an exciting new role in a newly-formed Business Intelligence function part of the IT department and is essential to ensure that we are able to meet the needs of the business going forward. BI function is made up of 9 staff split into BI development, BI Change, BI Delivery, and an Admin & Support team. This role will sit in parallel and directly report into Head of Business Intelligence.
We now need an Enterprise Data Architect to help us define the enterprise data architecture for the future and lead the way, to help us improve, and challenge the status quo for the benefit of ONR and the duty holders.
These activities will be relevant to the IT’s modernisation plans, the wider technology transformation delivery roadmap, BI Strategy and the day to day technical sustainment work needed to maintain the estate.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is comfortable challenging the way things are done as is constantly looking for improvement to introduce smarter ways of working.
About the role
The Data Architect will be expected to operate at enterprise level but also work in detailed data architecture and modelling to guide the organisation through data design, management and implementation. It is therefore essential that you have strong communication and analytical skills
Key operational responsibilities
- Setting the vision and creating the strategy for the organisation's approach to enterprise data architecture and the introduction of Master Data Management.
- Developing the enterprise data architecture roadmap, ensuring alignment to business capabilities and organisational strategies
- Review and improve the enterprise’s internal and external data and design blueprint to manage the available data
- Develops data strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery
- Create inventory of enterprise’s data and its meaning
- Driving the implementation of standards, processes, and governance controls to support the end-to-end data lifecycle within enterprise data architectures.
- Working with the Head of BI to map current state, define data requirements, guiding data integration and control data assets per our data strategy, including a formal data model across all ONR.
- Working with system and service owners to drive improvements in data quality.
- Overseeing the data architecture of technical designs and execution of high-impact, enterprise-wide strategic data programs and initiatives.
- Developing an integrated collection of master design documents including standards that will govern how data is collected, stored, arranged, used, and removed.
- Translating business requirements into deliverable data solutions, that include data streams, integrations, transformations, storage, reporting and analytics.
- Identifying key data domains to categorise company wide data in a structured manner.
- Establishing effective relationships with teams across the organisation focusing on delivering data architectures that meet operational requirements aligned to organisational strategies.
- Provide advice and suggesting courses of action, provide coaching, mentoring and support to other BI/IT colleagues and peers.
- Lead the sharing of knowledge, documentation and good practice with the wider BI, IT and across the ONR; documenting all process guides, technical changes, user documentation to a high standard.
- Communicate and collaborate across the ONR representing BI function to develop relationships to maximise the benefits of BI Strategy, developing the right data culture and to develop new smarter ways of working.
Download full job description