Bootle, Cheltenham and London
£53,543 - £61,921 (plus £4,052 London Weighting Allowance if applicable)
07 Dec 2021
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance and Commercial, and engaging with senior ONR budget holders, the role is accountable for ONR’s internal management reporting and budget management function to provide effective resource management. Working with your budget managers across the organisation and with the support of your team you will develop accurate and meaningful management information and performance reports to aid in setting, monitoring and managing ONR’s budget and in supporting effective financial decision making.
- Engage effectively and productively with colleagues within and external to the Finance Directorate to guide and support financial proposals;
- Develop and maintain an informative, efficient, appropriate, and accurate month end accounting process;
- Develop budget proposals in advance of the new financial year taking account of business priorities and conduct a review at mid-year, bringing forward recommendations;
- Establish and maintain processes for managing resources, working with business managers and budget holders and regulatory governance bodies to effect budgetary controls;
- Produce accurate, timely and insightful monthly management accounts for the Head of Finance and Commercial, Finance Director, and ONR Directors.
- Exploit the reporting capabilities of the finance system and associated reporting tools;
- Develop financial performance information and KPIs
- Work with the business to develop effective income forecasts and support debt management activities;
- Prepare and present reports of financial position and risk to a variety of committees, including Senior Leadership Team, ONR Board, and ONR Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
- Lead change projects to improve financial management, drive efficiencies and value for money throughout the organisation.
- Working with your Finance colleagues, provide a credible and accurate source of advice, guidance and analytical support to the business, to aide decision making;
- Represent ONR in any stakeholder engagement and financial meetings as and when required, enhancing relationships and reputation of ONR’s purpose and delivery.
- Prepare a range of outputs in support of the ONR corporate business plan (e.g. financial management and control, budget performance and variance analysis, payroll reconciliation and workforce planning.)
- Support and develop a professional competent Management Accounts and Budgeting team to ensure the finance offering is trusted and accurate, and future focussed to meet ONR needs;
- Support and deputise for the Head of Finance and Commercial when required.
Download full job description