Bootle, Cheltenham or London
£53,543 - £61,921 (plus £4,052 London Weighting Allowance if applicable)
22 Jun 2021
The IT Test Manager is responsible for ensuring all changes within the scope of the Test Management Office (TMO) of the Information Technology and Delivery Directorate (ITDD), are tested with the appropriate level of governance to firstly protect production systems and to also ensure integrity.
The role plays a significant part in contributing towards the strategic aims and objectives of the newly formed ITDD and would also be working closely with a number of third parties under a hybrid IT support with a managed service provider.
The IT Test Manager will need to deliver to the highest standards of test approach & methodology and be seen as an integral part of the development lifecycle. In order for any technology change to be successful the appropriate level of quality assurance needs to be undertaken. This role defines and implements the overall test approach; works effectively with the Project Management and Service Management teams to determine which types of testing (e.g. non-functional, UAT) are required and aligns the business and IT test phases.
About The Role
- Define and implement the overall test strategy, approach and ensures standards are adhered to
- To ensure all test phases have appropriate entry / exit criteria and monitors achievement of these. It defines the business solution acceptance criteria and obtains sign-off against these prior to go-live.
- Lead as the primary point of contact for test activities & assurance for all IT change-related Projects and Releases at ONR, covering: test management; planning; design; execution; closure; defect management & reporting.
- Accountable for appropriate risk based test plans.
- Maintain demand/supply for test resource
- Manage the provision of test environments and data.
- Ensure personal knowledge and exposure to testing techniques and methods remains up to date, appropriate and relevant.
- Responsible as a Career Development Manager (CDM) for the IT Testing team, ensuring they fulfil their job requirements and are encouraged to develop their skills when opportunities arise.
- Ensuring consistent and appropriate communications and interpersonal skills with relevant stakeholders for testing-related enquiries and issues.
- Ensure that the capacity and capability of the team match its current and future requirements
- Liaise with wider IT directorate and wider organisation to ensure a consistent approach to procedures, processes and reporting.
Download full job description