Bootle, Cheltenham & London
£39,001 - £47,160 (plus £4,052 London Weighting Allowance if applicable)
11 Mar 2021
Reporting to the Head of Incident Management and Business Continuity and engaging with senior ONR colleagues, this is an exciting role to support the embedding of ONR’s business continuity programme and wider organisational resilience activity to ensure we are ready to respond and operate effectively at all times.
About the Role
The post holder will support the Head of Incident Management and Business Continuity in the delivery of ONR’s business continuity programme and be responsible for its on-going development and coordination.
- Supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of a policy framework and programme for Business Continuity and Incident Management that aligns with good practice and ONR’s risk appetite
- Maintaining a record of progress against programme requirements and assist in the production of reports and related statistics/data for presentation to the Business Continuity Steering Group and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Ensuring own knowledge of key Business Continuity & Incident related risks (current and emerging) for ONR is maintained and new risks highlighted through appropriate mechanisms in a timely manner
- Maintaining a central library of approved and exercised Business Continuity and Incident Management plans and processes to ensure ease of access by approved stakeholders at the time of need
- Assisting in the coordination and management of the full Business Continuity lifecycle for all stakeholder Divisions; Directorates etc
- Assisting in developing Business Continuity Management Processes and tools. Engage with Business Continuity Champions to help them apply the tools and processes into their environments.
- Guiding stakeholders in their completion of business impact analyses (BIA’s) and the consolidation of BIAs and gap analyses of dependencies.
- Supporting stakeholders in recovery strategy design and plan development.
- Supporting in design, delivery, reporting and follow up of Business Continuity and Incident Management related exercises.
- Maintaining exercising and maintenance schedules and reporting on progress against target
- Assisting in the design and delivery of appropriate training and awareness programmes for Business Continuity and Incident Management throughout ONR
- Developing and maintaining the Business Continuity and Incident Management website
- Anticipating changing requirements and proactively act upon them in a timely manner
- Acting in a support role to the ONR Incident Management Team (IMT) as required
- Acting as the Business Continuity Steering Group administrator
- Supporting post incident debriefs; investigations; reporting; and remediation works
- Assisting in ONR’s response to BCM related questions raised during tender and supplier engagement process
- Developing mutually supportive links with external agencies; peers in ALB’s; cross government groups and industry bodies
Download full job description