09 Nov 2018
To provide effective and efficient administrative support to specialist technical staff who regulate the Nuclear Industry.
About The Role
The Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) is responsible for the regulatory oversight of all UK civil nuclear sites. ONR was formed as a new public corporation on 1 April 2014, vesting away from the Health & Safety Executive.
All ONR staff are specialists in areas related to their role in the regulation of the nuclear industry. ONR’s Divisional Delivery Support (DDS) provides essential operational resource in supporting technical specialists in a range of roles, providing individuals with a variety of career and development opportunities across the wider organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who enjoys team working, with the drive and determination to make a significant contribution within the DDS Team at Cheltenham.
Part of this role will be to work closely within a team of three DDS Officers and the DDS Manager, to support over 80 Cheltenham-based Inspectors and the wider DDS with a variety of both technical support and office administration work.
Full training and support will be provided to assist you with this. Occasional travel to ONR’s head office at Bootle, Merseyside, may be required.
Tasks for which the post holder will be responsible will include:
- Completing all Technical Division work (Dosimetry, HASS/Transport, IRR17, Licensing) as directed, and to agreed timescales and procedures;
- Ensure smooth running of the office accommodation by maintaining consumables levels and liaising with service desks and building management as required;
- Management and organisation of meeting rooms and facilities, including occasional note-taking and observation duties at local meetings as required;
- Receiving visitors to the office, including arranging security passes and escorting visitors within the office as necessary;
- Preparation of papers, briefing packs and training materials in advance of local meetings and workshops;
- Engaging with ONR’s Operational Business Team in support of Inspectors as required;
- Correspondence management and occasional PA duties, including daily postal collections and deliveries, and email inbox management;
- Providing an efficient and friendly response to team members and others, dealing with and prioritising requests for help and support;
- Ensuring meeting schedules, room bookings, and attendee lists are received and maintained;
- Supporting the wider organisation as required, including:
- Maintaining the Cheltenham Document Control Register in accordance with ONR policy;
- Liaising with authors of Intervention Records and Contact Records to ensure they are produced and authorised/circulated to agreed timescales;
- Inputting data accurately to all relevant spreadsheets and databases;
- Assisting in producing quality management information from spreadsheets;
- General administrative duties as required.
Download full job description